Are you getting tired of the dark circles under your eyes or the eyes’ sunken appearance that makes you appear haggard-looking and older? There’s an effective and quick way to resolve your problems without surgical operation- the tear trough filler treatment.
This revolutionary non-invasive, knife-free cosmetic solution is safe and cost-saving. It is a great option for those who are afraid of the risks and complications associated with lower blepharoplasty, which is the only way to improve the condition of the tear troughs.
What exactly is a tear trough filler procedure?
This cosmetic treatment aims to reduce the deepening tear troughs or the deep creases between your upper cheeks and lower eyelids. The sunken eye sockets produce shadows, dark under eyes or eye bags that tend to worsen as they become more prominent due to the following reasons:
- Heredity or genetic
- Dietary intake
- Lifestyle (salt and alcohol)
- Sun damage
- Lack of sleep
A tear trough filler procedure helps to rejuvenate these under-eye areas, making the skin tighter and fuller. The cost of a single 1 mL treatment starts from £390. The total cost will be computed depending on what is needed to achieve the right results.
How will you know if you qualify for this cosmetic treatment?
At a glance, you can assess yourself if you are a perfect candidate by using these parameters:
- mild to moderate undereye sagging and hollowing
- thick, healthy facial skin
- physically healthy
- aware that it is a temporary solution
- have realistic expectations about the procedure
You would not qualify if:
- you have very deep tear troughs
- you have a very thin skin
- you have excess skin under your eyes
- you have a medical condition that can cause serious side effects or complications
- you have a skin infection in the spots to be treated
It is also crucial to distinguish whether the dark circles are due to hyperpigmentation or hereditary (basic anatomy or loss of volume). Dermal fillers do not work if they are caused by pigmentation of the skin. Your doctor can help you clear this matter.
What are the benefits of getting tear trough fillers?
While a mild case of dark circles goes away with a healthy lifestyle, enough hours of sleep, and good hydration, hollow tear troughs are much more difficult to get rid of. Tear trough filler injection is your best ally.
It gives the following benefits:
- Minimizes shadow or dark under eyes
- Plumps and smooths out the eye area
- Improves the healthy appearance of tear troughs
- Gives a younger-looking, fresher eyes
- Boosts your confidence in your looks
- Strengthens and thickens the under-eye skin, which helps to cover the inflamed or dark blood vessels
How is the tear trough filler procedure done?
Cosmetic surgeons offer a variety of dermal filler materials for the procedure. Usually, they recommend the fillers using hyaluronic acid because of its hydrating ingredient that naturally enhances the condition of the under-eye areas. This gel-like agent naturally exists inside the body. The hyaluronic acid fillers are biodegradable, malleable, and a safer option of dermal filler.
Before the treatment: (24-hours)
- Avoid taking anti-inflammatories like Ibuprofen or blood-thinners like aspirin.
- Refrain from taking Vitamin E, multivitamins, or fish oils as they can cause post-treatment bruising.
During the treatment
- To prevent infection, the doctor will disinfect the treatment areas.
- A topical numbing cream is applied to mitigate discomfort. If your pain tolerance is high, you can ask your doctor to forego the application.
- The doctor will fill the syringe with the dermal filler and inject it beneath the lower eyelid.
- After withdrawing the needle, he will lightly massage the injected spot to spread the gel substance.
- He will do the same procedure to your other eyelid.
The procedure typically lasts for about 25 to 30 minutes. And because it is a minimally invasive method, you can resume your normal schedule straight away.
After the treatment
- Expect mild bruising or swelling of the injected area. It will eventually subside or be gone within several days.
- Do not engage in an intense workout within 24 hours.
- Avoid touching the treatment part to allow normal settling of the filler gel.
How long do the results of tear trough treatment last?
Following the procedure, you will notice the improvement in your tear troughs, but the full extent of the benefit becomes more visible over the next two weeks. The beneficial effects usually last around 12 months to 18 months, depending on several factors like injected volume, location of the injection, and the body’s natural metabolizing ability.
Find a board-certified dermatologist or cosmetic surgeon who is well-experienced in this procedure. The areas around the eyes are very sensitive, and any slight error in the procedure can cause a serious complication. Working with an expert gives you peace of mind and confidence to get filler treatment.