Your looks won’t last much longer if you don’t take care of yourself. Drink lots of water, eat healthy, exercise, and get enough sleep. Just as important, you must have an effective skincare routine.
If you don’t already have one, here’s everything you need to keep your complexion attractive and your skin flawless.
Whether you are an entrepreneur or looking to start an escorting career, gorgeous skin is key to success. So, improve your skin by washing your face twice a day (morning and night) and using a facial cleanser.
There are various types of facial cleansers, and many recommend using non-comedogenic products. That’s because they don’t clog pores or cause acne. However, non-comedogenic cleansers aren’t for everyone. The right cleanser for your skin will depend on your skin type. For instance:
- Oily or Acne-Prone Skin: Use a foaming liquid cleanser. It will help break down dirt that could block your pores, including excess sebum (skin’s oily secretion).
- Sensitive Skin: Use oil-based cleansers, such as products that contain argan, a well-tolerated non-comedogenic agent. It will cleanse and moisturize your skin.
- Dry, Red, or Eczema-prone Skin: Use a lotion or cream cleanser that contains emollients. Emollients like Shea butter and glycerin hydrate the skin and eliminate impurities.
- Mature Skin: Use a melting balm cleanser that dissolves heavy makeup, with or without adding water. It’s also very soothing on the skin.
If you want a product that’s compatible with any skin, use a micellar water cleanser. It contains molecules that eliminate dirt and oil. Because it’s soap-free and doesn’t require rinsing, you can use it on the go.
To summarize, the best cleanser for your skin type will clean your pores without eliminating essential oils from your skin. If exfoliating scrubs are part of your cleansing routine, you can avoid damaging your skin by scrubbing only once a week. Also, avoid using scrubs that contain abrasive ingredients, such as crushed shells.
Toners cleanse the skin and shrink pores. It’s also an effective treatment for enhancing your complexion and repairing sun-damaged skin. For optimal effect, apply the product after cleansing and rub it in with your palms, not a soaked cotton pad.
You can use a toner as part of your morning and night skincare regimen. But if your toner contains exfoliating acids, use it occasionally and at night only.
Treating With Serums
Serums contain concentrated doses of ingredients that de-age the skin and eliminate blemishes. Some of these ingredients are:
- Hyaluronic acid: Hydrates the skin and seals in moisture.
- Vitamin C: Eliminates dark spots and brightens the skin.
- Vitamin B3, retinol, and peptides: Aid collagen and elastin production to prevent wrinkles.
- Colloidal sulfur and niacinamide: Soothes skin irritation and treats acne.
If one product doesn’t contain all the ingredients you need, you can use multiple serums. For the best results, use serums at night.
Using moisturizers throughout the year will keep your skin soft and smooth. That said, there are various types of moisturizers for different skin types.
- Oily Skin: Use a gel moisturizer. It is water-based, which makes it easier for the skin to absorb.
- Regular Skin: Use a lotion.
- Dry Skin: Use an oil-based cream or soft cream. It’s heavier than lotion for lasting moisturizing.
- Inflamed and Sensitive Skin: If your skin is sensitive but not acne-prone, use a balm moisturizer. It’s also ideal for the driest skins.
Protect With Sunscreen
If you spend a lot of time in the sun, sunscreen must be part of your morning skincare routine. It will prevent wrinkles, an uneven complexion, damaged pores, and skin cancers. For convenience, instead of having a separate sunscreen, use moisturizers that contain broad-spectrum SPF of at least 30.
Adhere to these skincare tips, and you can anticipate looking young and beautiful long after your friends start getting wrinkly.